23 Sep 5 New Ways To Stay Overnight in Denver
Posted at 21:26h in Destinations
New Lodging is running the gamut across the state. Here’s a look at some of the newest concepts
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings. The Art Hotel will be across from the new History Colorado Center and next to the Denver Art Museum.
- The Broadmoor’s Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado’s Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014. Cloud Camp is on the historic 1924 site of Broadmoor founder Spencer Penrose’s original Cheyenne Lodge and overlooks Pikes Peak to the north and the Colorado Rockies to the west. The cuisine of Cloud Camp is inspired by the life and times of Penrose during the Golden Age of the 1920s. During their stay, guests hike in the Pike National Forest, enjoy birding, photo safaris, and rock art, as well as assist the chef each evening with the preparation of the Social Hour hors d’oeuvres.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver’s Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel, sister hotel to the existing 80-room Oxford Hotel, opened its doors in Denver Union Station in July 2014. The independent Crawford Hotel has a unique vibe with three different styles of rooms, including “Pullman” rooms modeled after the luxury private railroad sleeping cars, the “Classic” rooms with tall ceilings and large windows, as well as “Loft” rooms with exposed wood timbers and contemporary designs.
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa’s High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. Continuing its focus on sustainability and eco-friendly pampering while accommodating the needs and interests of guests, corporate groups and bridal parties, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa recently opened the new High Lonesome Lodge, Barn, Pavilion and Wine Grotto. Located 15 minutes west of Winter Park off US Highway 40, the new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Adding to the vitality of downtown Carbondale, Marble Distilling Company is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room, and luxury boutique Inn on the east end of Main Street. Construction on an innovative, energy efficient building is slated for completion December 2014. Guests will enjoy contemporary luxury at the new Distillery Inn. All rooms offer a fireplace and private balcony with breath-taking views of Mt. Sopris, while the garden level room offers a private courtyard with outdoor fireplace.