Denver Food and Wine is one of the most anticipated savor and sip events, attracting almost 5000 people every year. Art of The Cocktail kicks off the festivities this year on Sept. 6 as a prelude to the Grand Tasting on Sept. 7. The hearty party includes competitions between local chefs and master mixologists from 6:30 to 9:30 at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Denver.
The battling chef line-up includes:
* Jenna Hodges, representing St. Elle, the Colt & Gray offshoot opening in October
* John Broening, Le Grand Bistro
*Greg Lucero from Charcoal;
* Tyler Wiard and Robert Bogart of Elway’s Cherry Creek and Elway’s Downtown at The Ritz;
* Mark DeNittis of Rocky Mountain Institute of Meat.
In the bartender category, competitors are:
* Adrienne Miller, Coyote Ugly
* Melissa Durant, Acorn
* Justin Lloyd, Star Bar
* Tyler Lewis, Scratch
* Derrick Mund, Sessions
* Adam Douglas, Arvada Tavern
* Kevin Burke, Colt & Gray
* Jesse Mychals, Row 14
* Jessica Wilkinson, Euclid Hall
Art of the Cocktail Party and Chef Competition benefit CRA Education Foundation ProStart and Share Our Strength Cooking Matters.
Tickets are $50 and available at www.denverfoodandwine.com.